A porcelain beer mug with the emblem of the Third Reich (the eagle with spread wings and a swastika in its claws) and the inscription Gott mit uns (God is with us).
The mug has a mark of 0.5 l, but the full volume of the mug is 0.6 l (100 ml per foam). Massive mug with handle — the classic form of a German beer mug, wide at the bottom and tapering up.
We offer a quality copy for domestic use and, undoubtedly, a good gift for friends! The mug is a decoration of its time and can be used in reenactment, filming and expositions. It weighs approximately 300 g and holds 330 ml of liquid. The diameter is 8 cm, the height is almost 10 cm. The inscriptions are applied by hot decalcification (paint is injected into the surface at high temperature), this is not a cheap stencil. The inscriptions are fixed securely and can be washed in a dishwasher.
The black eagle with a swastika appeared in 1935, as the coat of arms of the German state under the leadership of the Nazi party. It was "canceled", respectively, in 1945 along with the whirling of the Nazi regime.
Motto (battle cry) "God is with us!" was known for a long time. It was also used by Roman soldiers (lat. Nobiscum Deus - God be with us!). This phrase was found as a slogan during the Thirty Years War (mid-1600s). Since 1847, this inscription was placed on the soldier's belt buckles of the Prussian army, from 1919 — Reichswehr, since 1935 — Heer (Wehrmacht ground forces). Source ru.wikipedia.org.
The manufacturer's mark at the bottom is the Bauscher Wieden 1940 along with the national emblem as confirmation that this ware was produced with the approval of the state. Bauscher was founded in 1881 by the brothers Augustus and Conrad Bauscher. Bauscher specialized in hotel porcelain, unique for that time, and by 1890 all the ships of North German Lloyd were decorated with Bauscher porcelain. The Bausher brothers quickly developed, began to open international markets. In 1895, a branch was opened in New York. The company also produced telegraph bells and insulators.
The founders of the company died in 1910 (Conrad) and in 1917 (August). A controlling stake in the management of AG received concern Strupp (Strupp-Konzern). In the late 1920s, the concern broke up and the company became part of the Lorenz Hutschenreuther AG joint stock company. With the outbreak of war, the company loses access to the American market — the main market for it. The number of employees falls to the level of 1914 (860 people). Gold previously used to decorate porcelain can now be used only for export goods. By 1944, export is possible only in 5 countries. In April 1945, the building, storage facilities and a smelter were destroyed by bombers. The war destroyed more than 2 millions pieces of porcellain. Post-war production began with 80 workers, the first porcelain was issued in July 1945...