Souvenir porcelain mug with the emblem of the 36th SS division, which was developed and formed from the Dirlewanger unit. A black shield with two crossed German grenades of the 1924 model on it. The image is the same on both sides. Along the top edge of the mug is a double black stripe.
The mug weighs approximately 300 g and holds 330 ml of liquid. The diameter is 8 cm, the height is almost 10 cm. The inscriptions are applied by hot decalcification (paint is injected into the surface at high temperature), this is not a cheap stencil. The inscriptions are fixed securely and can be washed in a dishwasher.
The special SS unit under the command of O. Dirlewanger (SS-Sonderkommando Dirlewanger) is a chastener unit, which was composed of civil and military prisoners including concentration camps (murder, robbery, rape). This military formation (detachment, later regiment, brigade) was engaged in battles with partisans and the local population in Poland, Belarus (including the Partisan Republic near lake Palik). Participated in the suppression of the Warsaw and Slovak uprisings in 1944. Fought with the Red Army in Hungary, Silesia. In February 1945, the brigade received the status of a division. At the end of April 1945, the remnants of the troops marched over the Elbe and surrendered to the Americans... Source: vk.com.
At the bottom is the hallmark of the Victoria plant and the logo of the SS troops (Waffen-SS). The plant was founded in 1883 in Carlsbad (Karlovy Vary) by the London company Lazarus & Rosenfeld Ltd. In 1885, it was bought by Franz Schmidt and renamed Porzellanfabrik Victoria Schmidt & Co.
During the Third Reich, the SS organization conducted extensive business and economic activities. It bought and with the consent of the state confiscated various property. Because of this, among people who know the history of the SS well, it's also called "SS", LLC, alluding to the powerful commercial side of its activities. In ceramics, Himmler was the unofficial owner of the Allach (read like "allak") factory, which was founded in 1936 by ceramics master Franz Nagy on his land, together with three co-founders. In subsequent years, this small and young factory acquired (bought) such a large company as Bohemia Ceramic Plants in Neurohlau (Bohemia Keramische Werke AG) and tried to acquire Victoria Porcelain in Altrolau (Victoria-Porzellan AG), however, the deal turned out to be unbearable for the SS. Then Allach simply signed a major contract with Victoria to put dishes in hospitals and SS canteens.
In 1945, the Victoria Plant became part of the Czechoslovak State Concern. It still works. Sources: ru.wikipedia.org, theoldstuff.com and the book "The economic activities of the SS" (Die wirtschaftlichen Unternehmungen der SS) by Enno Georg.